On 1 July 2006 the Federal Act on Freedom of Information in the Administration (Freedom of Information Act) came into force. Since this date, all persons have the right to access official documents from the Federal Administration, provided there are no predominant public or private interests related to the disclosure of the document that prevent this. This right is independent of the nationality or the domicile of the person submitting a request; and no specific reason is required.
It is possible to consult documents issued after 1 July 2006.
If you are interested in consulting an official document, please submit your request to the competent department or to the Federal Chancellery:
- Federal Chancellery
- Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications
- Federal Department of Economic Affairs
- Federal Department of Finance
- Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sport
- Federal Department of Justice and Police
- Federal Department of Home Affairs
- Federal Department of Foreign Affairs