Chapter 1: Processing of Personal Data by Private Persons
Section 2: Registration of Data Files
< Art. 3 Registration
> Art. 5 Publication in electronic form
Art. 41 Exemptions from the duty to register
1 Exempt from the duty to register data files are data files as defined in Article 11a paragraph 5 letters a and c–f DPA as well as the following data files (Art. 11a para. 5 let. b DPA):
- data files from suppliers or customers, provided they do not contain any sensitive personal data or personality profiles;
- data files whose data is used exclusively for purposes unrelated to specific persons, in particular in research, planning and statistics;
- archived data files and the data that are preserved solely for historical or scientific purposes;
- data files that contain only data that has been published or that the data subjects have themselves made generally accessible and whose processing they have not expressly prohibited;
- data that exclusively serves to fulfil the requirements of Article10;
- accounting records;
- secondary data files for personnel management of the controller of the data file, provided they do not contain any sensitive personal data or personality profiles.
2 The controller of the data files shall take the measures required to be able to provide the Commissioner or the data subjects on request with the information (Art. 3 para. 1) on data files not subject to the duty to register.
English is not an official language of the Swiss Confederation. This translation is provided for information purposes only and has no legal force.