Chapter 1: Processing of Personal Data by Private Persons
Section 5: Data Protection Officers
< Art. 12a Appointment of the data protection officer and notice to the Commissioner
> Art. 13 Modalities
Art. 12b Duties and position of the data protection officer
1 The data protection officer has the following duties in particular:
- he audits the processing of personal data and recommends corrective measures if he ascertains that the data protection regulations have been infringed.
- he maintains a list of the data files in accordance with Article 11a paragraph 3 DPA that are operated by the controller of the data files; this list must be made available to the Commissioner or on request to data subjects.
2 The data protection officer:
- carries out his duties independently and without instructions from the controller of the data file;
- has the resources required to fulfil his duties;
- has access to all data files and data processing as well as to all information, that he requires to fulfil his duties.
English is not an official language of the Swiss Confederation. This translation is provided for information purposes only and has no legal force.
For suggestions and communications, please contact the Official Publications Centre