Section 1: General Provisions
< Art. 1 Aim and subject matter
> Art. 3 Material scope of application
Art. 2 Personal scope of application
1 This Act applies to:
- the Federal Administration
- public and private bodies outside the Federal Administration, insofar as they enact legislation or issue first instance rulings within the meaning of Article 5 of the Federal Act of 20 December 19681 on Administrative Procedure (Administrative Procedure Act);
- the Parliamentary Services.
3 The Federal Council is authorised to exclude other organisational units of the Federal Administration, as well as other organisations and persons outside the Federal Administration, from the scope of this Act, should:
- the functions assigned to same so require;
- their competitiveness be prejudiced by being subject to this Act; or
- the functions assigned to them be of only minor importance.
English is not an official language of the Swiss Confederation. This translation is provided for information purposes only and has no legal force.