(Art. 2 para. 1)
List of Federal Bodies
(Art. 1 para. 1 let. b–d ArchA)
a. Administrative units of the central Federal Administration:
In accordance with the Annex to the Government and Administration Organisation Ordinance of 25 November 19982.
b. Administrative units of the decentralised Federal Administration:
The Federal Chancellery
- Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner3
Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Presence Switzerland
Federal Department of Justice and Police
- Office of Attorney General of Switzerland
- Swiss Institute of Comparative Law
Federal Department of Finance
- Swiss Alcohol Board
- Swiss Federal Audit Office
- Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority4
Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research5
- Competition Commission
Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications
- Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau
- Investigation Bureau for Railway, Funicular and Boat Accidents
- Post and Telecommunications Surveillance Bureau
- Federal Aircraft Accident Board
- Federal Communications Commission
c. Armed Forces Units:
- Armed Forces Staff
- Major Units
- Military Units
d. Swiss Diplomatic and Consular Representations
e. Federal Appeals and Arbitration Commissions
- Federal Arbitration Commission for the Exploitation of Copyrights and Related Rights
- Railways Arbitration Commission
- Independent Complaints Authority for Radio and Television (ICA)
1 Amended by No. I of the FDHA Ordinance of 31 Oct. 2003 (AS 2003 4525). Revised by No. IV 2 of the Ordinance of 22 Aug. 2007 on the Formal Revision of Federal Legislation, in force since 1 Aug. 2008 (AS 2007 4477, 2008 3452).
2 SR 172.010.1
3 The name of the administrative unit has been modified in application of Art. 16 para. 3 of the Publications Ordinance of 17 Nov. 2004 (SR 170.512.1).
4 The name of the administrative unit has been modified in application of Art. 16 para. 3 of the Publications Ordinance of 17 Nov. 2004 (SR 170.512.1).
5 The name of the administrative unit was modified in application of Art. 16 para. 3 of the Publications Ordinance of 17 Nov. 2004 (SR 170.512.1) on 1 Jan. 2013.
English is not an official language of the Swiss Confederation. This translation is provided for information purposes only and has no legal force.